- Developer Resources
- Creating a new ELEFLEX Module
Overview and Quickstart
This section contains instructions on using the Eleflex.ModuleGenerator package to generate a complete Visual Studio 2015 solution, projects and code files for a new module.
- Install the Eleflex.ModuleGenerator package to your Eleflex.WebServer and navigate to “Admin/ModuleGenerator”
- Enter form fields and click “Generate” to download a zip file contains your solution files.
- Extract the zip file to a directory and open the solution in Visual Studio 2015. Rebuild the solution to download missing NuGet packages and confirm the build is successful
- In the root of the Server project, create a new ADO.NET Entity Data Model with the name from above, as in: [Entity Model Name].edmx
- Right click and run all T4 text templates (*.tt) in the Business, Messages, and Server projects.
- In the WebServer project, uncomment the WebServerObjectLocationRegistrationTask.cs. Rebuild the entire solution to confirm the build is successful
- Create a new web application in your solution, right click the project, select "Manage NuGet Packages" and install the Eleflex.WebServer package. Complete setup of Eleflex.WebServer application and verify working
- In the new Eleflex.WebServer application, click "References" and "Add a Reference" to all module projects in the solution
- Rebuild and run the new web application. If the module is installed correctly, a default webpage should be available at the URL "/Admin/[Module Name]".